Create your own concert series!
- Book 3-4 concerts, get 10% off
- Book 5-6 concerts, get 15% off
- Book 7+ concerts, get 25% off
We offer generous discounts for multiple bookings. So why not create your own series of concerts? The more you attend, the less you pay!
You can book at any time up to and including the date of the first concert in your package. This offer is available for all ticket prices, including concessions and student tickets.
FlexiSaving tickets are available to book online, in person or by phone and must be paid for at the time of the booking – you may, of course, purchase additional tickets at any time.
We are unable to refund tickets, but if you subsequently find that you are unable to attend a concert and let us know at least 24 hours in advance, we will be happy to credit the cost against tickets for another concert within this season, subject to a handling charge of £1.00 per transaction.
Please note that tickets for Yorkshire Bach Choir and British Music Society concerts are not included as part of this discount scheme.
A booking fee of £1.50 applies to telephone transactions. No fee applies to tickets bought online or in-person.
Find your event and select 'Book tickets' to make a purchase. You'll have the option to select your own seat from an interactive plan.
Booking by phone
Call the Box Office at +44 (0)1904 322439. If you get through to our voicemail, please leave a message with your contact details and we will return your call.
- In-person at the Box Office in the Sir Jack Lyons Concert Hall during the afternoon
- In-person in the concert hall foyer in the Music Research Centre in the evening from 45 minutes before each performance
Concessions are available to over 65s, recipients of means-tested benefits and audience members with a disability.
University of York staff and alumni are entitled to a 20% discount on tickets for most of our concerts. Booking conditions apply and this offer cannot be used in conjunction with other discounts. Tickets as part of this discount scheme are not available online and should be booked through the Box Office.
For customers with disabilities who need to bring an essential carer to concerts, we offer two concession tickets at a 50% discount. Please contact the Box Office if you would like to register for this scheme or require more information.
£7, £5 or £3 tickets are available for students in full-time education for most of our concerts. Please bring a valid student card when buying or collecting tickets.
Free tickets for under 16s, when accompanied by an adult (one per adult-priced or concession ticket), are available for most of our concerts. Additional tickets can be bought at the student price. These free tickets are not available online and should be booked through the Box Office.
There are no free u16 tickets available in the Front Nave of York Minster; the student ticket applies instead.
Buy nine tickets for any one concert and receive one additional ticket for free. All tickets must be booked at the same time. School and college groups pay the student-ticket price and receive a free ticket for a teacher/carer with every six student tickets bought.
University term time
- Monday to Friday: 1.30pm to 4pm and from 45 minutes before each concert
During the University's Christmas and Easter vacations, the Box Office is closed for in-person bookings, but you can still book tickets online or by post.
- Christmas closure is between 18 December 2023 and 15 January 2024
- Easter closure is between 25 March 2024 and 8 April 2024
We're also closed on Monday 6 and Monday 27 May 2024.
Personal and telephone booking for our 2023/24 Season reopens on Monday 18 September 2023.
Payment can be made by cash, cheque, Mastercard and Visa. If paying by cheque, please make your cheque payable to 'University of York'.
Reservations are held for three working days or until 20 minutes before the start of the performance, whichever is sooner. We may not be able to take reservations within three days of a concert.
We are unable to offer refunds on tickets already purchased. If an event sells out, we will try to re-sell your ticket(s) and, if successful, you will receive a credit voucher which is valid until the end of the current season.
Please note that there is an administration charge of £2 per transaction.
Terms and conditions
By attending these event(s) you are accepting the following terms and conditions and agreeing to be bound by them and to comply with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Attendees should be present at the event to register or collect tickets at least 20 minutes in advance of event start times.
- Tickets may not be exchanged nor money refunded.
- Event Management reserves the right, in combination with any other statements or directives which may be displayed on the premises, to:
- refuse admission of the ticket holder to the premises;
- refuse entry of and use on the premises of any camera or any form of audio or visual recording equipment;
- request the ticket holder to leave the premises and to take any appropriate measure to enforce such a request;
- delay entry of latecomers until a suitable break or interval in the performance/event;
- make any change whatsoever in the performance/event owing to any unforeseen or unavoidable cause;
- cancel or abandon the performance/event for reasons beyond its control without notice and without being liable to pay any person any compensation of damage whatsoever other than, at the Management's discretion, a possible percentage or maximum refund to the ticket holder of the value of the ticket.
- The University of York accepts no responsibility for possessions lost or stolen on the premises.
- Unless otherwise indicated, all graphics, logos and commercial markings are registered trademarks. You may not use, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit, distribute or modify any trademarks in any way, including in advertising or publicity pertaining to the distribution of materials, without prior written consent.
- The University of York reserves the right to make changes to these Terms & Conditions at any time without prior notice.
All mobile devices must be switched off during performances and the unauthorised use of any cameras or other recording equipment is prohibited.
The consumption of alcohol is permitted inside the Sir Jack Lyons Concert Hall only at the discretion of the Duty Manager; the foyer is fully licenced. Consumption of alcohol in the Rymer and Central Hall is not permitted.