A booking fee of £1.50 applies to telephone transactions. No fee applies to tickets bought online or in-person.
Find your event and select 'Book tickets' to make a purchase. You'll have the option to select your own seat from an interactive plan.
Booking by phone
Call the Box Office at +44 (0)1904 322439. If you get through to our voicemail, please leave a message with your contact details and we will return your call.
- In-person at the Box Office in the Department of Music in the afternoon
- In-person in the concert hall foyer in the Music Research Centre in the evening from 45 minutes before each performance
Concessions are available to over 65s, recipients of means-tested benefits and audience members with a disability.
University of York staff and alumni are entitled to a 20% discount on all concerts promoted by the University. Booking conditions apply and this offer cannot be used in conjunction with other discounts. This discount is not available online, so please contact the Box Office to book tickets.
50% discount on two tickets for essential carers attending concerts. To register, contact the Box Office.
£7, £5 or £3 tickets are available for students in full-time education for most concerts. Please bring a valid NUS or student card when buying or collecting tickets.
Free tickets when accompanied by an adult (one per adult full price or concession ticket bought). Additional tickets can be bought at the student price. These free tickets are not available online and should be booked through the Box Office.
There are no free u16 tickets available in the Front Nave of York Minster; the £5 student ticket applies instead.
Buy nine tickets for any one concert and receive one additional ticket free. All tickets must be booked at the same time. School and college groups pay the student ticket price and receive a free ticket for a teacher/carer with every six student tickets bought.
University term time
- Monday to Friday: 1.30pm to 4pm and from 45 minutes before each concert
During the Christmas and Easter vacations, the Box Office is closed for in-person bookings, but you can still book tickets online or by post.
- Christmas closure is between 3 December 2021 and 10 January 2022
- Easter closure is between 18 March 2022 and 19 April 2022
We're also closed on Monday 2 May, Thursday 2 and Friday 3 June.
Payment can be made by cash, cheque, Mastercard and Visa. If paying by cheque, please make your cheque payable to ‘University of York'.
Reservations are held for three working days or until 20 minutes before the start of the performance, whichever is sooner. We may not be able to take reservations within three days of a concert.
We are unable to offer refunds on tickets already purchased. If an event sells out, we will try to re-sell your ticket(s) and if successful you'll receive a credit voucher which is valid until the date of the final concert of the season.
There is an administration charge of £2 per transaction.
Terms and conditions
By attending these event(s) you are accepting the following terms and conditions and agreeing to be bound by them and to comply with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Attendees should be present at the event to register or collect tickets at least 20 minutes in advance of event start times.
- Tickets may not be exchanged nor money refunded.
- Event Management reserves the right, in combination with any other statements or directives which may be displayed on the premises, to:
- refuse admission of the ticket holder to the premises;
- refuse entry of and use on the premises of any camera or any form of audio or visual recording equipment;
- request the ticket holder to leave the premises and to take any appropriate measure to enforce such a request;
- delay entry of latecomers until a suitable break or interval in the performance/event;
- make any change whatsoever in the performance/event owing to any unforeseen or unavoidable cause;
- cancel or abandon the performance/event for reasons beyond its control without notice and without being liable to pay any person any compensation of damage whatsoever other than, at the Management's discretion, a possible percentage or maximum refund to the ticket holder of the value of the ticket.
- The University of York accepts no responsibility for possessions lost or stolen on the premises.
- Unless otherwise indicated, all graphics, logos and commercial markings are registered trademarks. You may not use, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit, distribute or modify any trademarks in any way, including in advertising or publicity pertaining to the distribution of materials, without prior written consent.
- The University of York reserves the right to make changes to these Terms & Conditions at any time without prior notice.
All mobile devices must be switched off during performances and the unauthorised use of any cameras or other recording equipment is prohibited.
The consumption of alcohol is permitted inside the Sir Jack Lyons Concert Hall only at the discretion of the Duty Manager; the foyer is fully licenced. Consumption of alcohol in the Rymer and Central Hall is not permitted.